Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Oi tudos mundas!

-First off whoever said that the first day would be easy was seriously misinformed! We literally walk in, drop our suitcases, get some books, and go to class!
-It only goes uphill from there
-Every day has been like trying to drink water from a fire hydrant
-THE FOOD IS AWESOME HERE
-There's no time to miss anyone or anything. If you're not studying then you're eating or you're sleeping
-On that subject I have been getting about 5 hours of sleep every night
-"O Dom de Linguas" (gift of tongues) is real! My companion and I have already taught three lessons completely in portuguese. THREE. LESSONS (I mean think about it, I haven't even been here for a week). that lasted for about 15-30 minutes each to an "investigator" and the lessons weren't too shabby if I do say so myself! Even though we sounded like cavemen
-I spend all day in my classroom with my district. my district is comprised of two elders going to Portugal, two sisters going there too and my companion and I. my companion is going to Brazil.
-I will see them all day everyday until we all leave! which means district=family
-As of last friday i am now the only missionary in the MTC going to Cape Verde!
-The Portugal accent (the one im learning) is 100xs harder to speak and understand than the Brazilian accent. WOO!
-There's a small part of me that wants to leave RIGHT NOW and another small part that wants to stay here forever
-Having to stay right next to someone 24/7 takes some serious getting used to
-I took pictures but need a converter to upload them! Sorry!
-Also I have forgotten my notebook which has some things I really wanted to say to you guys! Dang! Maybe next tuesday
-Snow=not so fun with a wardrobe geared toward Africa hahaaaaa
-Get on the DearElder website and write me a letter! That way it gets printed out and delivered right to me on the day that you send it!
-P-day is on Tuesdays
-I only have an hour to write and do laundry so, tchau! I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment