Friday, April 11, 2014

4/8/14

Seis Dias and Counting!

Hooooly moly I only have six days left here! I can't believe it! There's a part of me that feels so ready to just GO and another part that's like "whoah whoah hold up i hardly know anything yet wait a second slow down", mas, estou pronto.

I committed one of my investigators to baptism! I was so happy I started tearing up. Ahhh. Muito otímo. I love my investigators so so much even though it's not actually them and they're actually in portugal and mozambique and i'll never get to meet the real people. 'ta bom. it's all good.

Soooo let's see, I got my itinerary! Turns out I'm flying out by myself. Hurray hurrah. I also have to report to the travel office ready to go at 2:30 tuesday morning. Super otímo hahahaha. and I fly over to Minneapolis and then to Boston and then I have a 4 and a half hour layover there and then I fly out to Cape Verde and arrive at 4:30 in the morning. I wonder how this is all gonna turn out hahahaha.

The Executives of The Boy Scouts of America came into our class the other day because they were taking a mini tour of the MTC campus. Some of them were LDS but a lot weren't so the pressure was on! It was awesome! They were so incredibly impressed with our language skills and our dedication to the Lord and the Savior. It was a really cool experience.

Ummm...so my companion calls for me in the night like every night hahahah i swear. It'll be like 2:30 in the morning and she'll start saying "hey sister murri!!! sister murri we gotta go" amongst other random things hahahaha.

General conference was amazing! I loved loved loved Holland and Uchtdorf's talk. But most of you probably watched to so I wont reiterate anything. But I will say that General Conference as a missionary is amazing. Just amazing. The Holy Spirit filled me to the brim with knowledge and insights.

Let's see, what else? I suppose I could tell you what an average day looks like for me.
6:30 wake up
7:30 breakfast
8:00 personal study
9:00 companion study
10:00 teacher will come in and teach us a lesson on whatever
11:00 teach our "investigators" we usually get about 25 minutes to teach.
12:30 lunch
1:00 language study
2:00 another professor will come in and teach us for several hours
4:30 teach more investigators
5:30 dinner
6:00 gym
7:00 additional study
9:30 return to residence halls
10:30 lights out

Yup! Lots of studying going on! And this week our professors put up a rule saying that we can no longer speak english in the classroom but that surprisingly hasn't hindered us too badly! Hurray!

Anywho, just to give you all a heads up, I'm only allowed to write emails AND physical letters on P-day (which will be on mondays) so I do receive all of your mail, it just takes me a while to write handwritten responses because i'm only permitted once a week. Desculpa! So keep sending me your wonderful letters and be patient with me!
natalie.murri@myldsmail.net

I love you all!

-Sister Murri

 April Fools Day! We switched tags. Kinda lame. I know. That's as hardcore as you can get as a missionary


                             Zone Leaders. Conference review. It was a long day.

No comments:

Post a Comment