Monday, September 1, 2014

TRANSFERENCIAAAAAAAASS: Aug 18

Transferencias last night. I'm going to be serving on the island of BRAVA! And I'm going to be companions with Sister Barbosa! All I know about her is that she's gorgeous and she has a BEAUTIFUL accent (because she's from Portugal) and she's so dang sweet.

I'm not gonnna lie, while I'm excited to serve in Brava, I'm really sad to leave Praia and Sister Pitts and the Zone and the awesome members and GOLDEN investigators and families that we found last week (not to mention a washing machine and warm showers). Dag nabbit. Oh man, I'm going to miss so many people. So many! Especially my comp Sista Pizza. We have gone through TXEU (a lot) together and shes so stinkin' amazing. But it's okay cause I'll deffs be seeing her after the mission and I will for certain return to Cape Verde one day. It's just hard to leave an area when you've poured your heart and soul and a particularly large amount of sweat into it for 3 months. But like I said, I'm excited for this new adventure! I heard that Praia and Brava are complete opposites sooooooo we'll see! I'll fill you in on that one next week....

Let's see, what happened this week?
« I taught a lesson in English for the first time (so weird and strangely nice)
» Ate a bowl of cereal infested with ants and pretended like they were little chocolate chips
» It RAINED oh my gosh the rainy season is coming
» I learned that Cape Verdeans don't kill lizards because their tails are the keys to the windows of heaven
» Some of my favorite investigators have been progressing so much and their getting close to their baptisms! I'm so happy for them! Just sad that I won't be there to see it
» I accidentally accepted a proposal this week. Whoops! Awkward miscommunications 

Random Last Transfer Facts
» I've been on 12 divisions total for this transfer. TWELVE in 6 weeks!!! Usually sisters only go on like 4 or 6 their whole mission.
» I've given about 6 trainings. Not sure if I ever mentioned that I was a Sister Training Leaders comp



Well, I'm off to the boat for Brava in a few hours. Wish me luck! Pray that I don't lose my lunch!

Hangin out on Fogo, waitin for mah boat with Sister Valenzuela (my replacement in Praia)

Last week. Church with Jape (our boss ward mission leader) I'm gonna miss those two so much!!!

​tchau sista pitts

No comments:

Post a Comment